The QuoteEngine is a IRC quote database script for eggdrop which interfaces with mySQL to store the quotes. It supports multiple channels and easy-to-manage permissions. It also has a web interface for browsing the quotes.
!quotehelp in a channel the script is active in to get help.
Please note: A previous version of this script was vulerable to SQL injection (oops) and it should now be all fixed; however as a best practice you should ALWAYS run Internet-facing applications in their own database and only give their user permissions for that database.
Download: QuoteEngine 1.2.0
Bugs, development version etc: Trac
For installation instructions please see the
These instructions assume you’ve got it installed and working.
!addquote AN AMUSING QUOTE
- Adds the amusing quote to the database. The bot replies with the quote ID if it was successful.
- Fetches the quote from the database, and says who added it, when and on which channel.
- Fetches a single random quote from the database for the channel.
--allto pick a random quote from any channel.
- Searches the database for quotes containing TEXT. Results are returned in random order. By default only 5 are given in the channel.
--allto search all channels, otherwise results just come from the channel the command is issued in.
- Gives you the URL where you can browse quotes online (if available).
- Deletes quote ID from the database. You can only delete if you’re the person who added it, or if you’re a bot/channel master in eggdrop.
- Gives the version of the script.
- Spews a load of help text to you in a query.